Monday, May 28, 2012

Sporecon 2012 - Singapore's Annual Gaming Convention

I just got back from the madness of Sporecon 2012! This year's gaming event saw more tournaments as players begin to establish their player base in various gaming systems other than the usual Warhammer Fantasy, 40K and Warmahordes. 

Lots of things to see and many models showcased. At the bottom of the display is a very impressive looking Heavy Gear game. With lots of cool N-scale terrain bought from a Japanese toy/model maker. Sure looks great! 
The terrain all comes pre-assembled and painted! Reminds me of the days when we were younger and simply opening action figures and toys. Instant gratification. I'm gonna try to get my hands on these!
There was also a table where they had games of the old skool Subbuteo soccer game. Sure brings back memories. I heard they are re-releasing a new edition. Can't wait to play it with my friends and relive the old schoolboy days!
Some pictures of the 40k tournament and the tables with games going on.
Really nice terrain this year!
There was also a Deathwatch section.
This was what I was largely involved in during the event. FoW tournament. I hardly get involved in tournaments, as I'm mainly a casual gamer who would rather laugh my head off as my troops run off the table and lose the game dramatically. Rather than trying to lob the head off my opponent in a competitive deathmatch. However the FoW community (although small) in Singapore are a really great bunch and we are all doing it in hope to create a positive experience and to hopefully provide more exposure to this otherwise unpopular (unfortunately) game system here in Singapore.
A shot of the table for FoW. I felt the tables were a little to sparse though. 
A shot of my Russian Tanks in battle.
And a German Panther army ready to deploy.
And here is my Russian Forward Detachment Tank Company. All displayed out for the painting segment of the tournament.
Which I proudly bagged the Best Painted Army award!
Took a picture of the Malifaux table before the tournament began. Unfortunately I did not manage to take pictures when the games where going on because I was busy playing in my FoW games.
However one of us managed to snag the 3rd place in the tournament for that! Yeah!
Congrats Defeng!!!

Overall it was a good experience, as with all Sporecons. This is the only gaming convention in our little nation and brings us all together for 2 days yearly. But its good enough for me. 

1 comment:

  1. Congrats to both of you. I will be there next year with Dust!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...